Sunday, October 15, 2017

More blocks........

I added 7 more large squares and 5 more stars since yesterday.   I have to find fabrics for 3 more stars and then I will rearrange the blocks.  

Rain, rain, rain....after almost a month and a half of dry weather we got a lot of rain yesterday.  I would guess that it was over 5.5" and maybe way over that.  My rain gauge was running over yesterday morning and it holds 2".  I emptied it and we got another inch before it got dark.  Then it rained hard again and there was 2" more in the guage.  The trees and perennials are probably loving it as they prepare for winter.

6 comments:

celkalee said...

As always Wanda your work amazes me. If I had 1/10 of your color sense I would be thrilled. Hope you are feeling well again. Thank you for sharing your ideas and process. Love the new website.

Needled Mom said...

Too bad that you can’t send that rain to help the firefighters. Your stars are really pretty. It’s such an attractive design alternating with the solid blocks.

Hedy said...

The leaves are very subtle in the background and I just am loving them. We’ve also gotten quite a bit of rain and I’m so glad as we had our yard reseeded on Friday.

Lola Carr said...

Loving your quilt in progress, Wanda...I have a small watering can on the very edge of the deck (not near any run-off from the roofline) and it is filled to the top. Lloyd estimated 8"....not sure if it spilled over or not. Cacti coming in today, it's supposed to be cold tomorrow a.m.

O'Quilts said...

Lovely,Wanda

patty a. said...

We got a bit of rain yesterday but not like what you got. I was enough to keep the soil damp for growing the grass on the practice field and the soccer field at the job I am at. It is amazing to see acres of green when all I looked at for months was dirt.